The Benefits of SILA Membership include:
- Illustration West Competition and ILW Web Site Annual: A guaranteed Call For Entries to the Annual Illustration West Show, a national juried competition. All accepted entrants will be published on our Illustration West website on SI-LA.org. As a SILA member, you are entitled to discount fees.
- Programs: Members receive advance notice of upcoming Programs. New Members receive a free entry to any one program for that member and one guest. Programs typically include well-known speakers, pricing sessions, portfolio reviews and workshops – and parties. Come meet your fellow illustrators, students, reps and art buyers.
- Discounts: A discount off ads on theispot and 15% discount on Yodelist database subscriptions.
- Web Sites: Members get their own online portfolio and contact page easily maintained by the member. Our website, www.SI-LA.org, also includes the Illustration West Competition accepted entrants from the last 3 competitions as well as links to past exhibits from ILW 36 on.
- Air Force Illustration Program: The U.S. Air Force offers SILA members the opportunity to travel and illustrate the various activities of the Air Force here and abroad.
- Credit Union: As a member of SILA, you (and your family) can join the E-Central Credit Union (Southern California Central Credit Union).
- Job referrals and Membership Roster: SILA maintains files on member illustrators for job referral purposes. SILA Members will be listed in the SILA Directory, which you can use to help find answers for career-related questions.
How to Join
- Choose your Membership Category
- Regular: Professional illustrators, animators, artists, etc.Annual Dues: $115
- Associate: Art directors, designers, artist representatives, vendors, etc.Annual Dues: $115
- Initiate: In preparation for regular membership - those who are out of school and/or do not have a professional portfolio. This category is limited to a maximum of 4 years.Annual Dues: $70
- Student: Those who are currently students and have a sponsor to sign your application* or supply school information.**Annual Dues: $40
- Prepare 10 samples of your best work to submit for review, or a link to your online portfolio.
- Digital Samples: Please provide a link to your online portfolio or submit your samples electronically with our online application.
- Printed Samples: Tearsheets or prints may be submitted by mail.
- Complete the Application
- Pay all appropriate dues: Online Payment OR Check or Money Order - payable to: SILA P.O. Box 8143, Los Angeles, CA 91409
*Sponsors are only required for regular membership. If you need help finding a sponsor, just call the office and one will be assigned to you. The role of the sponsor is to facilitate portfolio reviews and answer questions. **Only student and intermediate applicants need supply school information – no sponsor or portfolio review is required at this time.
- Online Payment
- Check or Money Order - payable to: SILA P.O. Box 8143, Van Nuys, CA 91409